Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Emerson James has arrived!

Mommy and Daddy headed to the hospital in the morning on Wednesday, December 11th for a scheduled induction. The doctors wanted to induce the labor because the baby looked very big according to the ultrasounds and they wanted to make sure the baby could be born naturally.

Unfortunately, when we got to the hospital, a lot of other Mommies were in labor too, so we ended up having to wait until 4pm for a room to start the induction.  Once they started the pitocin, things picked up quick! Not long after, I got the epidural and they broke my water. Around 9:30pm I told the nurse that I thought it was time. Sure enough, I was fully dilated. We had to wait for Dr. Doah to arrive and then it was time to push. After about 20 minutes of pushing, we had another beautiful baby boy!

Emerson James Long
12-11-13
10:52pm
8 lbs 10 oz
21 in

Our last picture as a family of 3, the morning before we left!




No comments:

Post a Comment